Most Active Stories
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- WATCH: The relentless search for affordable housing for people with disabilities
- WATCH: Upstate women on tap to brew successful careers in beer
- Why betting on horses is legal, when gambling elsewhere is not
- Cyber attack raises questions about health information security
NY's top environmental regulator answers your hydrofracking questions
As New York State wrestles with how to handle natural gas drilling here, the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is at the center of the debate.
The DEC has spent three years studying the controversial drilling practice known as hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracking, and may begin to issue permits to allow it as early as next year.
WMHT invited DEC Commissioner Joe Martens to our studios to take your questions about hydrofracking and how it will impact the state.
New York NOW
Morning trail mix