Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- New York's 'local' beef, often not as local as you think
- Five states courting Remington Arms away from New York
- 'Project Azalea': still a lot of talk and a possible Taiwan connection
- Immigration reform would address labor shortages on NY farms
WXXI/Finger Lakes reporter for the Innovation Trail.
Zack Seward had only a few weeks to catch his breath between graduating from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and becoming the first reporter hired for the project.
Prior to his graduate studies, Seward was a production assistant at the PBS NewsHour, where he researched and developed breaking news stories as well as features for both the Health and Arts & Culture units. He also served at the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver with the NewsHour, and wrote for the NewsHour's Art Beat blog.
Seward got his start in public media when he was an anthropology student at the University of Chicago, as a production intern for WTTW's Chicago Tonight. He has also conducted internships in regional transportation planning and neighborhood revitalization. He's originally from San Francisco.