Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- SAFE Act supporters were also out in numbers in Albany this week
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
Rachel Ward, Editor
Editor of the Innovation Trail.
Rachel Ward is based at WXXI in Rochester. She edits the multimedia work of the Innovation Trail crew and oversees the project's content and editorial vision.
Prior to joining the Innovation Trail, Ward reported on business and the economy in western New York with NPR's Economics Training Project, and hosted All Things Considered at WXXI-AM. Her reports have appeared locally and nationally.
Ward came to WXXI after earning a master's degree in telecommunications through Ohio University's public broadcasting fellowship program, where her thesis research centered on how public broadcasters are reacting to new technologies like podcasting.
Ward has also worked for the Association of Public Television Stations, and interned at WAMU-FM in Washington, DC. Her undergraduate degree in anthropology and English is from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.