Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Innovation Conversation: New York's Neighbors
For our latest Innovation Trail TV special we're looking beyond New York's borders.
We'll start in Pennsylvania, where the natural gas industry is in full swing. As regulators struggle to decide whether to allow hydrofracking in New York, we'll take a look at how the industry is affecting our neighbor to the south.
Next, we'll head to Canada, where the two sides of Niagara Falls are a study in contrasts. The Canadians are way ahead of New York when it comes to cashing in on tourism. Can the American side capitalize on the recent surge of publicity surrounding Nik Wallenda's wirewalk?
Here's a preview:
You can watch the hour-long special on your local PBS station. Here's the when and where:
WMHT Albany - Thursday, 6/21 at 9 p.m.
WXXI Rochester - Thursday, 6/21 at 9 p.m.
WSKG Binghamton - Thursday, 6/21 at 9:30 p.m.
WCNY Syracuse - Sunday, 6/24 at 2 p.m.
WPBS Watertown - Sunday, 6/24 at 3 p.m.
WNED Buffalo - Sunday, 7/8 at 4 p.m.
Have any questions you're dying to ask our panel of experts? Any thoughts on which lessons New York should be learning from its neighbors? Leave them in the comments section and we'll try to integrate them into the show.