Politicians love to say it - "Main Street, not Wall Street!" But how important is Main Street to upstate New York's economy?
We took a hack at that question and more last night on "Innovation Conversation: Small Business, Big Deal."
Miss the show? Click through to tune in. You can also read the transcript at Scribd.
Thanks to everyone who tuned in, and to our guests:
- Dottie Austin, Buffalo chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners
- Jack Baron, Rochester Angel Network
- Harry Bronson, New York State Assembly
- Patrick Doyle, Broome County Industrial Development Agency
- Mike Durant, National Federation of Independent Businesses
- Martha Gomez, OSO Inc.
- Steve Hawley, New York State Assembly
- Robert McNary, Empire State Development
- Sandy Parker, Rochester Business Alliance
- Brian Sampson, Unshackle Upstate
- James Senall, High Tech Rochester
Here's a list of the programs and resources that were mentioned during the broadcast
- Empire State Development’s Small Business Revolving Loan Program
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners (Pennsylvania)
- Rochester Angel Network
- New York Angels
- Seed Capital Fund of Central New York
- The Urban League of Rochester
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
Have your say
Want to comment on the show or talk about your experiences as a small business owner? Visit our Facebook page.