Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
- Quality of life, infrastructure investment key to urban renewal
Innovation Trail alumnus Ryan Morden is originally from Seattle. He graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor's in journalism, minoring in political science and Scandinavian studies. Morden was Morning Edition producer and reporter at WRVO before moving over to the Innovation Trail project. Before landing at WRVO, Morden covered the Washington State legislature as a correspondent for Northwest News Network (N3), a group of nine NPR affiliates in the northwest.
Prior to his work at N3, Morden worked as an assistant morning news editor at KIRO radio, a commercial news/talk station in Seattle. He also produced talk shows for CBS Radio commentators Dave Ross and Ron Reagan.
Morden enjoys government and politics, reading non-fiction and literature from the edges, baseball, road trips, brew pubs, road races and catching up on TV shows online. He currently serves as a freelancer, covering congressional issues.