Most Active Stories
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- WATCH: The relentless search for affordable housing for people with disabilities
- WATCH: Upstate women on tap to brew successful careers in beer
- Why betting on horses is legal, when gambling elsewhere is not
- Cyber attack raises questions about health information security
Innovation Conversation: Higher Ed's Impact
Many upstate communities are anchored by universities.
They draw in students and breathe life into the region. But they also create jobs, fresh ideas and new companies.
The question is: How well is the upstate economy capitalizing on its academic institutions?
That's the topic of our latest Innovation Conversation: Higher Ed's Impact.
During the hour-long program, we spoke with:
- Marilyn Higgins, Vice President of Community Engagement and Economic Development at Syracuse University
- Bill Jones, Executive Director of RIT's Venture Creations business incubator
- Tom Kucharski, President and CEO of Buffalo Niagara Enterprise
We also took calls from our listeners. You can listen to the show in its entirety above.