Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Innovation Conversation: Higher Ed's Impact
Many upstate communities are anchored by universities.
They draw in students and breathe life into the region. But they also create jobs, fresh ideas and new companies.
The question is: How well is the upstate economy capitalizing on its academic institutions?
That's the topic of our latest Innovation Conversation: Higher Ed's Impact.
During the hour-long program, we spoke with:
- Marilyn Higgins, Vice President of Community Engagement and Economic Development at Syracuse University
- Bill Jones, Executive Director of RIT's Venture Creations business incubator
- Tom Kucharski, President and CEO of Buffalo Niagara Enterprise
We also took calls from our listeners. You can listen to the show in its entirety above.