Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Lasers and airplanes help scientists combat invasive species
Last summer, we told you about how researchers are using sheep to target invasive plants. This year, we've found scientists using a more high-tech approach.
In our latest Innovation Trail report for New York NOW, we followed a team of researchers from the Rochester Institute of Technology into a forest in central Massachusetts.
They're part of a massive new effort called the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON). It's aimed at answering some of the biggest questions about how humans are impacting the natural world.
Watch the full story here: