Most Active Stories
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- WATCH: The relentless search for affordable housing for people with disabilities
- WATCH: Upstate women on tap to brew successful careers in beer
- Why betting on horses is legal, when gambling elsewhere is not
- Cyber attack raises questions about health information security
Innovation Conversation: State of the green economy
Politicians say technology and green jobs will revitalize the upstate economy, but is that really happening? We’ll try and find the evidence when WRVO’s Community Forum presents an Innovation Conversation about the evolving green economy in upstate New York.
We'll explore the state of the "Green Economy" in Syracuse and Central New York. Are initiatives with green technology reinventing upstate? Are current investments working? Join us for a progress report on the "Green Economy" in Central New York.
Nasir Ali, founder and Executive Director of the Seed Capital Fund of CNY, a private LLC whose members fund early stage tech companies.
Matt Daneman, a business reporter from the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
Linda Dickerson Hartsock, Executive Director of The Clean Tech Center.
When: November 15, 7 p.m.
Where: Downtown Syracuse at the SUNY-Oswego Metrocenter (2 S. Clinton Square, Syracuse).
Audience members are invited to participate in the conversation, so bring questions. The event is free.