Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Barge traffic increases along Erie Canal, thanks to Canada
New York's Erie Canal is reviving its history to again be an economic corridor for commercial shipping through upstate New York — after decades of being mostly used by recreational boats.
Shipping from Canada is expected to lead to a level of commercial traffic not seen in decades.
The Innovation Trail's Ryan Delaney filed this report for NPR's Morning Edition:
Correction: The audio version of this story incorrectly identifies the director of the Port of Oswego as Jeffrey Daniels. His name is Jonathan Daniels.