Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Anyone want a mile of used interstate? This week's Innovation Trail report on New York Now
- Workplace violence an everyday reality for nursing staff
- Physical therapy device helps patients, health care professionals, and could reduce costs
- 'Totalitarian' culture and pay questions at Upstate hospital
- The billionaires of upstate New York
Capitol Bureau Chief for New York State Public Radio.
Karen DeWitt reports for a network of 10 public radio stations in New York State. She has covered state government and politics for the network since 1990.
She is also a regular contributor to the statewide public television program about New York State government, New York NOW. She appears on the reporter's roundtable segment, and interviews newsmakers.
Karen previously worked for WINS Radio, and has written for numerous publications, including Adirondack Life and the Albany newsweekly Metroland.
She is a past recipient of the prestigious Walter T. Brown Memorial award for excellence in journalism, from the Legislative Correspondents Association, and was named Media Person of the Year for 2009 by the Women's Press Club of New York State.
Karen is a graduate of the State University of New York at Geneseo.