Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
Who are we?
We're the Innovation Trail, a collaboration between five public media outlets in upstate New York.
We're looking at New York's "innovation economy" and reporting about the connections between investment and education, politics and people, technology and geography, as the state attempts to pull its economy up by its bootstraps.
What does that actually mean? Our reporters are looking for - and finding - innovation everywhere. You can see tabs at the top of the page that explain some of the areas that we're looking at broadly. But really we're finding stories everywhere about people trying to change their local and personal economies.
So who are these people? In the image above, left to right: Daniel Robison of WNED, Zack Seward of WXXI, Emma Jacobs of WSKG, Ryan Morden of WRVO, and Dan Bazile of WMHT. Editor Rachel Ward, who's based at WXXI, not pictured (I think I took the picture).