Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
- Quality of life, infrastructure investment key to urban renewal
Thousands of last-minute fracking comments delivered to DEC
As of Monday, the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) had received a record-breaking 20,800 public comments on the latest draft of its review of hydrofracking.
But by Tuesday, the agency had its hands full with thousands of more comments arriving at the 11th hour.
The deadline for submitting a public comment to the DEC about hydrofracking is Wednesday, January 11th.