Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Morning Trail Mix
Occupy Wall Street meets fracking opposition via Pledge of Resistance
Welcome to the Monday Trail Mix from the Innovation Trail team.
The full audio of Matt Richmond's terrific documentary about what hydrofracking would mean to one Southern Tier community is now available on demand.
Tom Wilber writes in his excellent blog on the shale gas debate that anti-fracking protestors may take their inspiration from the 1960's Civil Rights Movement playbook.
Coincidentally, the FBI has reached the next stage of rolling out its face recognition software.
A new cord blood facility will get underway at the Upstate University Hospital site in the town of Onondaga reports The Post-Standard's Teri Weaver.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is moving forward with its NGI (Next Generation Identification) system reports rt.com
New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Representative Louise Slaughter were on the road Friday talking up the proposed Waterfront Brownfields Revitalization Act reports WBFO. Here's the Innovation Trail's Daniel Robison's report on the cleanup of the Buffalo river and waterfront, and a busy Ryan Delaney has more on the proposed Waterfront Brownfields Revitalization Act here.
*This link is provided for information only and does not reflect an editorial position on the topic by the Innovation Trail.