A new startup competition being hosted in the Syracuse area this winter has narrowed the list of possible participants down to 30.
News of Startup Labs was announced back in September as a replacement to a previous competition. Syracuse is the first U.S. city to host a Startup Labs. There's $350,000 worth of seed money on the line.
Organizers announced yesterday they have whittled 97 applications down to 30 semi-finalists. Five teams will be picked after a private pitch session the first week in January. Those selected will be given $30,000 and go into incubation at the Syracuse Technology Garden the following week.
All but one of the semi-finalists is from New York state, and a majority are from the Syracuse area or upstate New York.
Startup Labs Syracuse will conclude February 7 with a demonstration day.
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring LLC (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- All Access Menus (Rochester, N.Y.)
- Amplyfyd (Dryden, N.Y.)
- Attend LLC (Cazenovia, N.Y.)
- Ayugo (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- BitePal (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Blank Label Brewing (Ithaca, N.Y.)
- Bouncir, LLC (Skaneateles, N.Y.)
- Centscere (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- CollegeAve (Morris Plains, N.J.)
- Eleutherotech (Oakland Gardens, N.Y.)
- EZSWYPE (Ithaca, N.Y.)
- Full Circle Feed (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- GradFly (Rochester, N.Y.)
- IdeaReef (Binghamton, N.Y.)
- Imaginapp LLC DBA SnagMobile LLC (Delmar, N.Y.)
- Pretty Padded Room (New York, N.Y.)
- Pith Studio LLC (Orangeburg, N.Y.)
- PsyQic (Liverpool, N.Y.)
- Rentcuse (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Rosie (Ithaca, N.Y.)
- SafeSwipe (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Scrapsule (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- SpotLoss (Binghamton, N.Y.)
- Stockshares Inc. (New York, N.Y.)
- Subscriber.io (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Travefy (New York, N.Y.)
- Wishr (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- World of Cheddar, LLC/Real-AID (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Yorango Inc. (Ithaca, N.Y.)