Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- SAFE Act supporters were also out in numbers in Albany this week
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
New primer on fracking aims for balanced approach on hot topic
Protest groups are mobilizing to hold a protest ahead of the Governor's State of the State address in Albany on Wednesday.
The Innovation Trail’s covered the issue for several years now, and a new book that lays the issues has just been released by Oxford University Press. It’s a concise primer called Hydrofracking: What Everyone Needs to Know, and it’s written by Alex Prud’homme who's also the author of 'The Ripple Effect', 'The CellGame' and other books.
Prud'homme often writes for the New York Times, the New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Editor Matthew Leonard spoke to him late last year from his home in Brooklyn about the new book.