Most Active Stories
Live-stream: Regional council awards ceremony
So who's it gonna be?
With $200 million in state economic development funds on the line, that's the big question.
Four regions will walk away with $40 million each. Six regions will have to split the remaining $40 million.
We'll soon find out who wins and who loses.
Update (11:33 a.m.)
The awards ceremony just wrapped up. Here's how it panned out.
The "Best Plan" winners are:
- Western New York - $100.3 million
- Central New York - $103.7 million
- North Country - $103.2 million
- Long Island - $101.6 million
And the runners up:
- Mohawk Valley - $60.2 million
- Capital Region - $62.7 million
- Mid-Hudson - $67 million
- Southern Tier - $49.4 million
- Finger Lakes - $68.8 million
- New York City - $66.2 million
So, the "Best Plan" winners are taking home a total of $408.8 million.
The runners up are getting a total of $374.3 million.
That adds up to a grand total of $783.1 million.
It's unclear where that money is coming from. Presumably, the totals account for incentives pulled from the much larger, $800 million pot of existing incentives that were also involved in the regional council framework.
We'll have more on this story later today.