Most Active Stories
- Anyone want a mile of used interstate? This week's Innovation Trail report on New York Now
- Workplace violence an everyday reality for nursing staff
- 'Totalitarian' culture and pay questions at Upstate hospital
- The billionaires of upstate New York
- Why betting on horses is legal, when gambling elsewhere is not
Journalists weigh up pros and cons of open data in public forum
Dan Pacheco from Journovation SU, Matt Bernius from the Rochester chapter of Hacks and Hackers and Catherine Loper, news director at WRVO Public Radio, Oswego discuss the benefits and perils of partnering newsmakers with data analysts. Off-screen voice is Matthew Leonard, editor of the Innovation Trail Local Journalism Center based at WXXI Rochester. A link to the presentation from the event is here. The panel was recorded in Syracuse on 06/25/2013.