Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
How foreign students saved a "dying" Adirondack school district
New York NOW traveled to one of the most remote parts of the Adirondack Park to tell the story of a rural school district that has been able to stave off closing its doors - by opening them to international students.
Smaller districts like this one in Newcomb, N.Y. are now pushing for a new law that will allow foreign students to stay longer than the one year currently allowed.
Watch the full story:
Do you support legislation allowing international students to stay at public schools for longer than one year? Let us know in this week's poll question.