Most Active Stories
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- WATCH: The relentless search for affordable housing for people with disabilities
- WATCH: Upstate women on tap to brew successful careers in beer
- Why betting on horses is legal, when gambling elsewhere is not
- Cyber attack raises questions about health information security
Fracking proponents take to the streets of Albany
The Senate Deputy Majority Leader, and Senator representing counties along the natural gas-rich Southern Tier, Thomas Libous (R-Binghamton), renewed his call for a quick decision on hydraulic fracturing by the Governor today.
Libous was speaking with WXXI's Capitol Bureau Correspondent Karen DeWitt against a background of pro-fracking demonstrators who staged a couple of rallies in the capital earlier today.
The interview with Karen and his response begins about 20 seconds in. We then hear his address to the rally.
And WMHT's New York Now have filed this video of the Senator filmed today. He thinks the Department if Health has already called this one.