Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
Dropout Nation Panel
Discussing the upstate New York dropout crisis
This story is part of the Innovation Trail's partnership with FRONTLINE's Dropout Nation. You can read the other reports here.
Innovation Trail held a lively discussion about the dropout crisis in upstate New York, as part of the American Graduate initiative. Teachers, graduate students, and educational professionals were in attendance at the WXXI studios in Rochester to watch the FRONTLINE report, Middle School Moment, and gave their thoughts on how to curb the dropout crisis. Below is the FRONTLINE Middle School Moment report, and the discussion that followed:
FRONTLINE Middle School Moment
Forum Part 1
Forum Part 2
Support for Innovation Trail's reporting on the American Graduate initiative comes from Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection.