Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
Canada to retain small consular presence in Buffalo
The WBFO newsroom in Buffalo reported this afternoon that although the Canadian Consulate will be vacating the city's HSBC tower (pictured), our northern neighbor will retain a small presence in the city.
Senator Charles Schumer said in a press release:
"The fact that the Consulate will have a continued presence in Buffalo is great news for preserving our trade and border relationship with our neighbor, and for promoting job growth and economic activity here in western New York,”.
The full story is available here from news.wbfo.org