Most Active Stories
- Three counties pull out of SAFE Act pilot permit program
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
From the archive: DEC chief Joe Martens talks fracking
Will New York soon allow hydrofracking?
We still don't know when the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will release its final guidelines on fracking, but it's been reported that an announcement regarding the controversial gas drilling technique could be made shortly after Labor Day.
See his interview below, or watch the full show chronicling the four-year long fight over fracking: