Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
- Quality of life, infrastructure investment key to urban renewal
From the archive: DEC chief Joe Martens talks fracking
Will New York soon allow hydrofracking?
We still don't know when the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will release its final guidelines on fracking, but it's been reported that an announcement regarding the controversial gas drilling technique could be made shortly after Labor Day.
See his interview below, or watch the full show chronicling the four-year long fight over fracking: