Most Active Stories
- State Rifle and Pistol says 'a ton of confusion' surrounds SAFE Act
- Nuclear waste facility in political, environmental limbo with full decommissioning still years away
- Deadline for assault weapon registration nears, resistance remains strong
- Beware, it's tick season again! New York NOW
- Cuomo maintains political pressure over property tax plan
Albany's latest fracking rally attracts hundreds of protestors
Hundreds of anti-fracking protestors gathered along the Hudson River in Albany on Monday in anticipation of New York's upcoming decision on the controversial gas drilling process.
As the state finalizes its environmental review of fracking, both opponents and supporters are putting on the pressure. It's been reported that the state may allow fracking on a limited basis in some counties along the Southern Tier.
Monday's rally took aim at Governor Cuomo, as protestors appealed to him directly to put a stop to gas drilling.